CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

ABSYNTH ONE MORE TIME OFFICIAL VIDEO


ABSYNTH - FREEWIRED ALBUM COVER

Click on the banner to go to the website

Friday 16 September 2011

Music and Me Autobiography

Early Childhood: She's Got That Vibe by R. Kelly



I chose to post this song from a wide choice from my early childhood because it is one of the songs that my parents played on the loud speakers when I was about 2 or 3 years old. My brother hadn't been born yet so I had to entertain myself somehow, I decided to do this by dancing (or attempting to) and singing into one of the many remote controls I wasn't really supposed to get my hands on. Embarassingly this was also recorded on video by parents.

Sample of other favourites from my childhood:
Little Mermaid - Kiss the Girl
Soca Boys - Dollar Wine

Early Teens



During my early teens (and even now) my music tastes varied alot and I didn't really have any particular genre that I stuck to. While most people around me could pigeon hole themselves into a certain genre of music that they liked, I couldn't do that. At home I would listen to Soca due to my cultural background and then at school (which was when we had just joined Latymer) I'd listen to the more mainstream music and I was introduced to more indie/rock music. But for the purpose of this task I chose to include one of the soca tracks by Rupee who is mainly known in the UK for his song Tempted to Touch. This song has really meaningful lyrics and I remember hearing it in the car on most journeys as it was one of my favourites from his album.

Sample of other favourites at the time:
Jonas Brothers - Hollywood
Rupee - Jump
David Rudder - Trini To De Bone

Important to me at the moment



I wasn't a big fan of either artist at the time this song came out, I thought it was overplayed on the radios and was an attempt at a typical comeback for chris brown. However after attending a personal development course 'Power to Achieve', it is one of my favourite influencial songs. This is because it was played during a critical time in the course and almost acted as a breakthrough song. I chose this song mainly due to this experience at the course, which shows that past experiences and the time at which a song is played can influence whether a song appeals to you.

Sample of other favourites at the moment:
Katy Perry - Firework
James Morrison - Right By Your Side
Don Omar - Danza Kuduro
Dionne Bromfield - Foolin'
Joe Jonas - Just in Love

0 comments: