CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

ABSYNTH ONE MORE TIME OFFICIAL VIDEO


ABSYNTH - FREEWIRED ALBUM COVER

Click on the banner to go to the website

Wednesday 21 September 2011

Motown Track Selection: Signed Sealed Delivered by Craig David (2010)

After having a couple of meetings with my group (Jess R, Sam and Alex) we came up with two main ideas, both differing quite a lot: Fast Fuse by Kasabian and a modern motown video. As the second idea wasn't very defined at the time, I have worked on it further and listened to a few tracks in order to produce a single pitch. The track I have selected is Signed Sealed Delivered by Craig David (2010), it was originally produced and sung by Stevie Wonder, however we thought that his voice was too definitive and so Craig David's voice would be easier for the practicalities of the project.




LYRICS
Like a fool I went and stayed too long
Now I'm wondering if your love's still strong
Oo, baby, here I am, signed, sealed, delivered, I'm yours!
Then that time I went and said goodbye
Now I'm back and not ashamed to cry
Oo, baby, here I am, signed, sealed, delivered, I'm yours!
Here I am baby
Signed, Sealed, Delivered, I'm yours
(You got my future in your hands)
Here I am baby
Signed, Sealed, Delivered, I'm yours
(You got my future in your hands)
I've done a lot of foolish things
That I really didn't mean, hey yeah yeah didn't I?
Seem a lot of things in this old world
When I touch them, they mean nothing, girl
Oo, baby, here I am, signed, sealed, delivered, I'm yours!
Oowee baby, you set my soul on fire
That's why I know you're my heart's only desire
ooooh baby
Here I am Signed, Sealed, Delivered, I'm yours
Here I am Signed, Sealed, Delivered, I'm yours
Here I am Signed, Sealed, Delivered, I'm yours
done a lot of foolish things
That I really didn't mean hey yeah your right
Here I am baby Signed, Sealed, Delivered, I'm yours
done a lot of foolish things
That I really didn't mean I feel broken
Here I am Signed, Sealed, Delivered, I'm yours
Here I am Signed, Sealed, Delivered, I'm yours
Here I am Signed, Sealed, Delivered, I'm yours

CONCEPT/GENERAL IDEA FOR THE VIDEO
Modern Retro, Taking an old style of music and bringing it into the 21st Century

INSPIRATIONS TO LOOK AT
  • Miss Independent, Closer and Champagne Life by Ne-Yo (for the studio bit/solo artist scene)
  • Next Best Thing by Nikki and Rich (for retro theme)
  • Showgirl by Bluey Robinson
  • Candyman by Christina Aguilera 
  • Lovebug by Jonas Brothers
  • Save the Last Dance for Me by Michael Buble
  • Down with the trumpets by Rizzle Kicks
  • Thinkin of Me by Olly Murs
  • I Wanna Be Your Man by Willy Moon

BRANDING IDEAS SURROUNDING THE SONG
  • Creating the next olly murs/michael buble but a younger version
  • Clean, Polite, Family Friendly (not seen partying alot, etc.), Suits with Skinny Tie, Classy, Humble?
  • Target Audience would be females aged 16-25? With secondary audiences being mums (introduced through their children/family appeal), teenage boys (who aspire to be him), Genre fans 
  • Plenty opportunity of beauty shots for inside album cover and website

IMAGES


IDEA FOR THE VIDEO
  • Maybe start with a child? Putting cassette into old radio (like Rizzle Kicks), Music sounding muffled at first and then play out properly
  • At 0:08 (just after really high note) cut to retro mic dropping from above camera and singer catching it, then start singing (Artist dressed in suit with skinny tie and performing in a bare room/studio)
  • Cut to scene of singer trying to pursue love interest (maybe in street/studio?, casual wear?)
  • Cut to another scene of some sort of swing dance going on with singer and his love interest in centre with maybe two or three other couples
  • Keep cutting between these scenes
  • Ending Possibilities = 1) if we get a child relatively good at singing, then music could fade out to them with headphones and singing along (like in JLO's video for Get Right), 2) Singer gets the girl, 3) if we start with the singer, then at the end we could have him wake up alone after dreaming of his ideal girl?

3 SCENES (OR 4) 
  • Solo Artist
  • Street Walk
  • Artist in his room
  • Dance scene
  • Maybe Artist and band?

LOCATIONS
  • Studio
  • Male Bedroom
  • Street

PROPS/COSTUMES,ETC.
  • Suit with Skinny Tie and Braces?
  • Retro Mic
  • Casual Smart Outfit
  • Love Interest's Costume

0 comments: